- Fast swept volume approximation of complex polyhedral models”, by Young J. Kim, Gokul Varadhan, Ming C. Lin, and Dinesh Manocha, received the best paper award at the ACM Solid Modeling and Applications Conference, 2003. More information about this work is available at http://gamma.cs.unc.edu/SV/.
- The course notes and slides for the SIGGRAPH 2003 course interactive geometric and scientific computations using graphics hardware are available here.
- An overview of our work on interactive navigation in complex environments appeared in Technology Research News on August 4, 2003. A summary of this article appeared in ACM TECHNews Vol. 5, Issue 537 on August 25, 2003 and in Technology Review.
- An interview on level-of-detail representations for hair modeling appeared in The News & Observer on June 25, 2003. A summary of this article appeared in ACM TECHNews Vol. 5, Issue 514 on June 30, 2003.
- The walkthrough group’s work on shadow generation is briefly mentioned in these articles: millimeter, ExtremeTech.