- Dinesh Manocha is named as an ACM Fellow of Class 2009, December 1, 2009.
- GAMMA is demonstrating its interactive crowd simulation technology at the SC09 supercomputing conference in Portland, Oregon, November 14-20.
- GAMMA has released the HRVO Library for independent navigation of multiple robots or virtual agents using hybrid reciprocal velocity obstacles, October 15, 2009.
- Members of GAMMA are organizing a SIGGRAPH 2009 course on interactive sound rendering. Course notes (with slides and papers) are available here.
- GAMMA’s technology on proximity queries, PQP, is being used by Boeing for virtual prototyping applications. More details are given in this news release from Boeing.
- Rahul Narain has won a prestigious Intel Graduate Fellowship. See this announcement by Intel.
- Crowd Simulation and Sound Research highlighted by Intel Software Netowrk